Kotlin Heroes is our Kotlin-only contest hosted by the Codeforces. It is a great way to play around with Kotlin’s features, learn something new, and practice using the language by solving fun problems. It is great for programmers of any level! Everyone has a chance to win some cool prizes: exclusive Kotlin Heroes t-shirts, stickers, and even money.
Watch Gennady “tourist” Korotkevich, the most awarded competitive programmer in the world and a repeat winner of Kotlin Heroes, solve the practice round for Kotlin Heroes: Episode 8.
Here’s our suggested timeline for participating in Kotlin Heroes: Episode 9:
February 22 – Join the practice round to hone your algorithmic problem-solving skills and complete the training problems on your own. In this round, all the solutions are open and you can get hints if you are stuck. It starts at 13:35 UTC and lasts for a week.
February 22–March 1 – Check out our competitive programming resources to polish your skills. Refresh your knowledge of Kotlin and learn more about competitive programming:
- Review our Kotlin solutions for the Advent of Code algorithmic puzzles.
- Learn the basics of Kotlin.
- Familiarize yourself with the syntax.
- Explore Kotlin Playground.
- Read our competitive programming tutorial.
- Watch the videos from our Competitive Programming YouTube playlist.
- Look at the problems from the previous practice rounds.
March 1 – You are now ready for the real challenge! Take part in Kotlin Heroes: Episode 9.
- The contest features a set of up to 10 problems, ranging from simple ones, designed to be solvable by anyone, to hard ones, to make it more interesting.
- You are only allowed to use Kotlin to solve these problems.
- You have 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the tasks.
- You move up the leaderboard by finding the most efficient solutions to the problems in the shortest time possible.
- The top three winners will receive prizes of $512, $256, and $128, respectively.
- The top 50 contestants will win an exclusive Kotlin Heroes t-shirt and Kotlin stickers.
- Every competitor who solves at least one problem is entered into a prize draw for a chance to win one of 50 exclusive Kotlin Heroes t-shirts.
Kotlin Heroes problems are designed to suit programmers of all levels, so everyone has a chance to win prizes. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, we invite you to join us for this great opportunity to discover the joy of competitive programming.
Best of luck to everyone!