KVision is an open source web framework created for Kotlin/JS. It allows developers to build modern web applications with the Kotlin language.
I have released KVision 5.0.0. This is a major upgrade bringing a lot of significant changes and new features.
Highlights of this release include:
- Major internal redesign to make more things easier and more consistent.
- Up to 35% performance boost.
- Up to 20% bundle size reduction.
- Support for Bootstrap 5 and Bootstrap Icons.
- Support for floating labels for text input components.
component, based on fetch API.
- Upgraded dependencies (Kotlin 1.5.21, Coroutines 1.5.1, Serialization 1.2.2, Spring Boot 2.5.4, Micronaut 3.0.0, Ktor 1.6.2, Javalin 4.0.0.RC2, Vert.x 4.1.2).
- Removed jQuery dependency from the core module.
- Extended Gradle plugin to make build files simpler.
- A lot of other bugfixes, cleanups and optimizations.
For more details about this release see the changelog.
A dedicated migration guide is also available.
As always, any feedback is appreciated!