The event of the year is on! Join us on October 12–15 for 4 days of Kotlin as we host the Kotlin 1.4 Online Event. You can tune in at any point during the event to listen to the talks, chat with the team, and ask the speakers questions. In addition to this, there will be lots of activities and entertainment including:
- Q&A sessions
- QuizQuest, with prize raffles for participants
- Virtual Kotlin Booth
- Event chat
Read the details below to find out about how to participate in these activities.
Program and speakers
Prepare yourself for four days of exciting talks and discussions about the latest Kotlin release.
Speakers from JetBrains together with Florina Muntenescu from Google and Sébastien Deleuze from Spring will throw light on how we came up with all these new features, and reveal some of the secrets hidden in the depths of the technology.
- The first day will be about Kotlin in general. There will be a keynote speech, a community overview, and talks on language features and tooling achievements.
- The second day is dedicated to Kotlin libraries.
- The third day will be all about using Kotlin everywhere – on Android, for Mobile Multiplatform projects, and Kotlin/JS.
- The fourth day will cover server-side Kotlin and the future of the language.
The schedule is available on the website. The timetable for the schedule is shown according to your computer’s timezone, so you don’t have to worry about having to figure out exactly when you have to log in to watch the talks you are interested in!
How to ask the Kotlin team your questions
Each day will be followed by a live Q&A session with the speakers from that day. They will try to answer as many of your questions as they can. You can already start preparing yours now. There are three ways to ask us:
- You can ask on Twitter using the hashtag #kotlin14ask, so we can find your question and include it in the discussion.
- You can ask us directly via this form.
- You can also ask your questions during the event in the live chat.
The most interesting questions will be rewarded with Kotlin swag!
How to join the virtual Kotlin booth
You can chat with members of the Kotlin team directly – simply go to the registration form and sign up for a Virtual Booth session!
Share your Kotlin story with us, chat about any issues in your project, talk to us about how we can help you to convince your manager to use Kotlin, or even just come by and let us know you love Kotlin! We will do our best to cover as many inquiries as possible, but please keep in mind that we can’t guarantee everyone a one-on-one. So the sooner you send in your request, the greater your chance of getting a Virtual Booth appointment will be. To ensure that we can see as many people as possible, we may extend this opportunity, which means your appointment could be scheduled for a time slot before the event starts or sometime after the event concludes.
So, feel free to register for a Virtual Booth and wait for a confirmation email from the team.
QuizQuest: how to get Kotlin swag
Join the QuizQuest for a chance to win Kotlin swag, JetBrains product licenses, and other great prizes!
The QuizQuest is a series of 16 small quizzes that check what you’ve learned from the talks. After each talk, a quiz will be available on the material from the talk. Answer at least 3 of the questions correctly, and you will be entered into a raffle.
There are three raffle categories with different entry criteria:
- Quick Thinker. Take the quiz right after the sessions, submit your answers before the beginning of the next day, and if they are all correct you will be entered into a raffle for one of 12 Corkcicle canteen bottles! The more different quizzes you take, the greater your chances of winning.
- Explorer. Participate in at least one quiz before October 26 and you will be entered into a raffle where you can win one of 50 special conference t-shirts.
- Captain Kotlin. Solve all the quizzes over the event and you will have the chance to win an awesome backpack! We have 12 backpacks to raffle off. To be in with a chance of winning this raffle, you have to submit all your quiz answers until October 26.
The more quizzes you complete, the better your chances to win!
During all the event talks and discussions there will be a live chat for audience members. The Kotlin team will be in the live chat too, so if you have any questions for them, you can ask them right there!
After the event
All the videos will be available on the event’s website and our YouTube channel right after the event, so even if you miss something, you can watch it later at any time. You are also encouraged to use the videos for your community events to watch and discuss the recordings together.